Since 2013, we have been working with educational authorities, community leaders and parents to increase access and improve the quality of education in the area of Ganaketi (Province of Kwango) in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Our priority areas include:
- Investing in school infrastructures including water and sanitation within school environment;
- As part of this, we have completed the Construction of Kifilu-Mbunda Primary School (See Pictures of Kifilu Mbunda Primary School Before and After the Project);
- We have started the construction of Tuvukana Primary School;
- We are fundraising to rebuild Kalenda Primary School.
- Supporting children from poor background, especially orphaned and disabled children to enrol and stay in education;
- Supporting more children, especially girls transition from primary to secondary school;
- Teacher training and improving schools’ management;
- Supporting schools to improve their safeguarding children policies and practices, etc.